Background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lately...

This is a row quilt that one of our Sew What's members, Martha, is givng us the pattern month-by-month.  January was snowflakes, February is hearts... you get it.  I've finished June but haven't sew it on just yet.  I'll post more pics as it progresses.


I started making big squares with Kaffe Fassett fabric, with the idea that it would become a king-sized quilt.  But the more squares I made the more "bulls-eye-ish" it looked.  So I cut them in half on the diagonal, and rearranged them, but didn't like that either.  But my niece loves Kaffe Fassett, so she took the diagonal-cut pieces and I breathed easier because I didn't have to figure out what to do with them.

Then I had some blocks partly pieced and I started hanging them on the design wall and started filling in with smaller blocks and this is what I got.  I'm putting the binding on it now.



This is another Primitive Garden wool block.  I did a lot of embroidery work on the flowers, but I like it.

More birds...  This is a pillow front in wool.  I have the back cut out but it's an odd shape so I have to decide if I want to border it with another fabric to fit a standard pillow form, or make an inner pillow case and stuff it to fit this size.  Haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment