Background

Monday, May 6, 2013

Sour Dough Squares


I'm a 2-inch square addict.  I sit them beside my sewing machine in a pretty box and I sew two together as leaders and enders.  The quilt shown here is one that I've finished using the 2-inch squares. 

I always cut 2-inch squares when I have a piece of fabric left on my cutting table.  The I sew some up for awhile, then I add more and it keeps going.  I've done this for many years.  In this quilt I sewed 5 together then pressed them all in one direction.  I continued until I had about 250 of them.  Then I sewed them into rows and added the pretty pink strips in between.


This is the back of the quilt.  My sister has the quilt now.

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this one! I think you have converted me from a 2.5" to 2" collector!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I always say "the smaller the cuter." Four-inch blocks are always cuter than 12" blocks, right? So I think the 1-1/2" finished sizes are always more interesting than the 2" finished sizes.

    ReplyDelete